Watch the film and answer the questions that follow either here on the blog or on paper. this will take 2 class periods.
Link to film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY7f1t9y9a0
- “Life is too short to spend it doing things that don’t have a real impact,” says Dr. Jack Juni, a Stage 2 engineer. Do you agree with this philosophy? Does the way you spend your hours reflect your opinion? Explain your answer.
- What do you think it means to be “fast at failure,” as mentioned by Stage 2 engineer Kit Smoker?
- As an adult, would you want to work for an employer like Bhargava? Why or why not?
- If you were wealthy, would you buy a Renew machine? Explain your answer.
- What do you think has motivated Bhargava to produce this film? What would someone who disagrees with your opinion argue is more likely Bhargava’s true motivation?
- If Bhargava and his team are successful in solving the global problems of energy, water, and health, what would be a fourth area you would want the Billions in Change movement to work on solving?
- Bhargava says, “The more wealth you get, the bigger your duty becomes, which is to help those who have less, who are suffering.” Do you agree with this idea? Why or why not? Do you think most of the wealthy people in our country agree with this idea? Why or why not?